The Water Wheel was built out of forest timber in 1888 by the Curtis brothers who were early settlers. It had a 24 foot diameter wheel and was located on Cedar Creek upstream from the Curtis Falls.
The creek was dammed each night, and released in the morning to power the wheel which developed about ten horse power. The sawmill closed down in the mid 1890's due to poor prices for timber. When the sawmill had served its purpose it was dismantled and some of the wood used to make violins played at local dances.
There is a working scale model on display, which was built by our volunteers.